Our Congregation was founded in 1894 in Krakow, Poland by St. Joseph Sebastian Pelczar and Venerable Servant of God Mother Klara Szczesna.
The life mission of the Sister Servant of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus is to worship the Triune God in the Mystery of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus and to spread the Kingdom of Love of the Divine Heart by serving Christ in our neighbor particularly among girls, the poor, and the sick.
The first Sisters arrived in North America in 1959, and with an increase in vocations, the foundation was named the Province of the Most Sacred heart of Jesus in Cresson, Pennsylvania in 1989.
Today the Sisters of our United States Province are represented in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia and in the Dioceses of Altoona-Johnstown, PA, Wilmington, DE and Mandeville, Jamaica.
The Sister Servants of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus are engaged in varied apostolic endeavors:
- Service to the elderly and needy, especially at our personal care home, John Paul II Manor www.johnpaul2manor.org
- Teaching and catechesis in schools and parishes
- Promotion of the Home Enthronement of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in families
- Cooperative initiatives with the members of the Sister Servants Lay Associations, Rays of Merciful Love Lay Associates
- Parish work as secretaries, organists, choir directors and sacristians
- Work with the poor, unchurched, sick and aged
- Helping all who seek our assistance, recalling the words of our Founder, St. Joseph Sebastian Pelczar: Love is born in the heart, expressed in words, but lives in deeds.