I want to personally invite you to tour the John Paul II Manor to experience for yourself personally the spirit of care and concern we have for our residents. This page gives only a glimpse of what we have to offer the daily life of each person in an atmosphere of personal care.
Our day begins in chapel, where the Heart of God fills us with His peace and love. From this encounter with the God of love, we go out to each resident to bring the joy, love and peace of the Sister Servants of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus. Life is a precious gift from God, and the dignity of each person is our highest concern and priority.
Please know that we are here for you and your family if you need us and that we pray for you daily.
Sister Mary Andrew Hooper, SSCJ
HISTORY & MISSION
Since the beginnings of our American Province, the Sisters dreamed of building a home where the sick and aged could find personal care, dignity and a loving home. After much prayer, hard work and sacrifice, the dream became a reality when on October 16, 2005, the John Paul II Manor, opened its doors on Cambria Street in Cresson, Pennsylvania. With a present capacity for 50 residents, the John Paul II Manor is a place where our residents are cared for and loved in the name of Jesus Christ.
THE JOHN PAUL II MANOR FAMILY
Knowing that transition is always challenging, especially for the sick and elderly, we strive to create a thoroughly family environment at the John Paul II Manor. The Sisters and lay staff approach each person with dignity, kindness and compassion. Life is shared together with common meals, celebrations, and social interaction.
• Daily…qualified and caring Sisters and staff are available on site 24 hours a day
• Daily…spiritual opportunities such as Holy Mass, rosary, quiet time in the chapel
• Daily…activities promoting physical and emotional well-being, such as games, crafts, music, outings, etc.
• Daily…three delicious, well-balanced meals from a variety of menu choices served in our beautiful dining hall with snacks available throughout the day
• Transportation arrangements to medical appointments
• Daily…building maintenance and trash removal
• Resident clubs for a variety of interests
• Resident and family meetings
• Personal laundry
• Weekly…hair appointments at our own beauty salon and barber services
• Residents’ spacious rooms each with a bathroom and individually controlled thermostat.
Aware that each resident is an individual with unique needs and preferences, we meet with each resident and his or her family to conduct an assessment prior to move-in and periodically afterwards, to monitor ongoing need for assistance and support in the following areas: • Monitoring of safety; • Socialization and Activities; • Mobility and transferring; • Medication management; • Continence management; • Dressing and clothes selection; • Personal hygiene/grooming; • Showering or bathing; • Others according to need. There is an application process and there may be a waiting list of applicants, so please call or write today!
JOHN PAUL II MANOR
856 Cambria Street
Cresson, PA 16630